The reissued Fender '68 Custom Princeton Reverb reissue updates this legendary amp's classic all-tube sound with modern sensitivity and increased overdrive.
Fender's Reissued '68 Custom Princeton Reverb: A Classic Reborn!
The '68 Custom Princeton Reverb Guitar Combo Amplifier is one of Fender's recently re-issued Custom Series "silverface" amplifiers. These amps celebrate the landmark year when Fender brought the electric guitar amplifier into new sonic territory with a tube-driven tone that has long since become legendary.
A Great Amp for Recording -- Just Like the Original
This amp's single 10-inch Celestion speaker delivers a tightly focused and manageable tone, that makes it easy to get a great sound in the studio from the moment you mic it up. When you want a clean sound, the '68 Custom Princeton Reverb presents a shimmering tone with lots of color and overtones. And when you push the gain a little further, you'll find plenty of compelling and musical crunch sounds to play with.
Two Inputs On One Channel
The '68 Custom Princeton Reverb is a single-channel amplifier with two 1/4-inch inputs that can be used individually or in tandem.
The Volume, Treble, and Bass knobs allow you to shape the overall contour of your tone, while the Reverb, Speed, and Intensity knobs allow you to dial up "wet" tones that range from surf and rockabilly to flat-out psychedelic and cosmic.
The The '68 Custom Princeton Reverb gets its distinctive sound from 3 x 12AX7 and 1 X 12AT7 preamp tubes. 2 x 6V6 power tubes amplify this vintage sound to move 12 watts of power. The single 10-inch Celestion TEN 30 yields a super-manageable output, allowing you to push the preamp as far as you like without becoming too loud for studio work. With so much nuance in a small amp, you can explore a whole world of tonal range just adjusting the Volume knob.
Eternally Cool Design
1968 was also a year that Fender nailed a truly timeless aesthetic, creating a look that has stood the test of time. The black textured vinyl covering is contrasted with a silver-turquoise grille cloth that immediately achieves a classic look. Meanwhile, the famous aluminum drip edge grille cloth trim that looks as distinguished onstage as always. The blue jewel pilot light glows as beautifully as ever, while the skirted control knobs pop with their elegant nickel-plated caps.
- 3 x 12AX7 and 1 X 12AT7 Preamp Tubes
- 2 x 6V6 Power Tubes
- 1 x 5AR4 Rectifier Tube
- 1 x 10-inch Celestion TEN 30 Speaker
- 2 x 1/4-inch Inputs on one channel
- Tube-driven Reverb
- Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Speed, and Intensity controls
- 8 Ohm nominal Impedance
- Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquoise Grille Cloth
- Blue Jewel Pilot Light
- Skirted Amp Knobs
- 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Fitted Amplifier Cover Included
- Series: Vintage Modified
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Speaker: One - 10" Celestion(R) TEN 30
- Inputs: Two - (1/4", Input 2 is at -6dB)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Speed, Intensity
- Effects: Reverb, Vibrato
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Preamp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7, 1 X 12AT7
- Power Tubes: 2 x 6V6
- Rectifier Tube: 1 x 5AR4
- Cover/Grille Cloth: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquoise Grille Cloth
- Pilot Light Jewel: Blue Jewel
- Height: 16" (40.6 cm)
- Width: 19.875" (50.5 cm)
- Depth: 9.5" (24.13 cm)
- Weight: 34 lbs. (15.7 kg)
- Other Features: Modified Princeton Reverb circuit with all-tube circuitry, hand-wired tube sockets, custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals), genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb, genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo ("vibrato"), 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise grille cloth, five-year warranty
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Wattage: 12 Watts
- Channels: One
- Control Panel: Silverface Style
- Included Accessories: 2-Button Footswitch, Fitted Amplifier Cover