Weight: 7 lbs 2.6 oz
If you've ever run across a Fender Lead at a swap meet or vintage guitar store, it's doubtless left an impression. These slimmed-down Strat alternatives from the late '70s and early '80s are still sought out today thanks to their hot-rodded tones, distinct visuals, and slinky playability — not to mention some high-profile users including post-rock royalty Roger Miller in his Mission of Burma days. The Player Series proudly reintroduces the Lead III back into the Fender fray with vintage-correct electronics and performance player upgrades (Modern "C" neck profile, 9.5" fingerboard radius) where it counts. The Lead III's more memorable features include a hardtail 6-saddle bridge, favored by rockers who prioritize tuning stability over arm vibrato, and the formidable dual-pickup electronics package. The Lead III's overwound alnico humbuckers are tailor-made for gain. Driven hard into your favorite tube amp, the Lead III gives you dynamite crunch and sustain. Engaging the coil-split toggle unearths classic single-coil Fender tones in positions 1 and 3, making the Lead III a real multitasker for stage and studio work.
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Player Lead III
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Color: Sienna Sunburst
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern C
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay: Black Dots
- Number of Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 6-Saddle String-through Body Hardtail with Block Saddles
- Tuners: Vintage F Logo
- Neck Pickup: Player Series Alnico 2 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Player Series Alnico 2 Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 3-way toggle pickup split, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings: Fender NPS, .009-.042
- Manufacturer Part Number: 0144312547