Luthier Orville Gibson founded the Gibson Mandolin-Guitar Mfg. Co. Ltd. in Kalamazoo, MI in 1902. Its original aim was to make mandolins and mandolin-family instruments. Over the last 100-plus years, Gibson Brands, Inc., as it is now known, has since evolved into the world’s premier manufacturer of semi-hollow and hollow body electric guitars, as well as a celebrated portfolio of innovative solid-body and acoustic models.
“Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness. And they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy... or they become legend.” So wrote Montana author Jim Harrison, perhaps about the master luthiers of Gibson Montana, which produces all of Gibson’s acoustic guitars.
- Model: Firebird
- Type: Square Shoulder Dreadnought
- Finish Color: Natural
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Bracing: Traditional Scalloped X-Bracing
- Back & Sides Wood: Quilted Maple
- Neck Wood: 2-Piece Maple
- Neck Joint: Compound Dovetail
- Neck Shape: Round Profile
- Neck Dimensions: .830 1st - .890 9th
- Fretboard Material: Richlite
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl and Abalone Flames
- Width at Nut: 1.725"
- Nut Material: Tusq
- Binding: Multi-ply Top and Back
- Rosette: Double Ring
- Tuners: Gold Grover Keystones
- Bridge: Richlite with Abalone and Mother-of-Pearl Flame Inlays
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell w/Flames
- Case: Black Hardshell Case