Legendary Artist Teams Up with Martin
Having made a name for himself since the early 1970s as a songwriter who can not only tell a rousing story, but one who can also tap into endless good-vibe music centered around beach life, Jimmy Buffett has been playing Martin guitars for decades. In 2013, Buffet saw Chris Martin with his CEO-6 Black model and was struck by its 1800s-inspired design. Teaming up with his guitar tech, Dan Cook — also a lover of Martin guitars — Jimmy contacted the Martin Custom Shop about working up a signature model based on the CEO-6, but one that would feature Buffett's own spin. The result is a beautifully designed classic sloped-shoulder dreadnought, finished in a stunning black lacquer with Buffett’s signature palm-tree-swaying-in-the-breeze in gorgeous mother-of-pearl on the headstock. The Jimmy Buffett Custom also features solid East Indian rosewood back and sides with a solid Adirondack spruce top, delivering stellar tone and projection.
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Dreadnought
- Top Wood:Adirondack Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing:Scalloped X-bracing
- Binding:Grained Ivoroid
- Neck Wood:Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape:Performing Artist
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Mother-of-pearl Dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.4"
- Tuning Machines:Gold Enclosed Gear
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/White Tusq
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Electronics:Fishman Gold Plus Natural I
- Strings:92/8 Phosphor Bronze Light, .012-.054
- Case Included:Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:10JIMMYBUFFETTCUSTOM