The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS Guitars’ first Winter NAMM show in 1985 and has been a top seller ever since. Played by internationally touring artists, gigging musicians, and aspiring players, the Custom 24 features PRS’s patented Gen III tremolo system and PRS 85/15 pickups with volume and tone controls and a 5-way blade switch. 85/15 pickups were personally designed by Paul Reed Smith to offer remarkable clarity and extended high and low end.
The Custom 24 is the original PRS. Since its introduction, it has offered a unique tonal option for serious players and defined PRS tone and playability.
Pickup Switching Positions
Position One: Bridge humbucker
Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck singlecoil, in parallel
Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
Position Four: Neck singlecoil with bridge singlecoil, in parallel
Position Five: Neck humbucker
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:PRS Doublecut
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Top Material:Carved Flamed Maple, 10-Top
- Body Finish:V12
- Color:Faded Whale Blue
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Pattern Regular
- Fingerboard Material:Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Birds, plastic outlines with shell centers
- Number of Frets:24
- Scale Length:25"
- Nut Width:1.656"
- Nut Material:Synthetic/Bronze powder blend
- Bridge/Tailpiece:PRS Gen III Tremolo
- Tuners:Phase III locking tuners
- Neck Pickup:85/15 Bass Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:85/15 Treble Humbucker
- Controls:1 x volume, 1 x tone, 5-way blade pickup switch
- Case Included:Hardshell case