Weight: 8 lbs 4.8 oz
- Alder Body 2-Piece
- 3A Roasted Birdeye Maple Neck
- 3A Roasted Birdeye Maple Fretboard
- Even C Medium Neck Shape - .840 - .920
- 1.650" Nut Width
- 9" - 12" Compound Radius Fretboard
- 22 Stainless Steel Heavy Frets
- Pickups: ML Standard (neck and middle) and Asato Custom Humbucker (bridge)
- SSCII Silent Single-Coil Electronics
- Controls: Vol, Tone, Tone, 5-Way Pickup Selector
- Gold Hardware
- Suhr Locking Tuners
- Gotoh 510 Tremolo Bridge
- Bakelite Classic Pickguard
- Custom Engraved Neckplate
- Hard Case
We are pleased to announce, new for NAMM 2018, the Mateus Asato Signature Series™ Suhr® guitars. We are offering two Mateus Signature instruments, a Classic S and Classic S Antique. Both guitars feature versatile HSS pickup switching along with two ML single coil pickups and a new custom humbucker we’ve built for Mateus. We will be releasing more information about the custom humbucker as we get closer to shipping the guitars.
We will start building these guitars starting in late spring of 2018 and anticipate these arriving in stores late spring to early summer of 2018.
If you haven’t seen Mateus on tour with Tori Kelly or Jessie J, you’ve most likely run across him on social media, where Mateus has a huge audience of fans that tune in to hear him play on Facebook and Instagram.
The ML (Mike Landau) pickups offer a balance of tight lows, focused midrange and smooth top-end sparkle. ML pickups incorporate a modified staggered pole piece design to provide an even magnetic field needed to accommodate instruments with flatter neck radiuses and today’s string gauges